Orthopedics Community
ACL and meniscus tear after effects
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

ACL and meniscus tear after effects

I tore my meniscus and ACL last June.  I had the meniscus operated on, but NOT the ACL.  The surgeon told me I could do the physical therapy myself just by walking and going to the gym doing leg weights.  
It's been 10 months, and my leg hurts me like heck.  My pelvis was broken when I was a kid when I was hit by a car, plus I have a little arthitis in my hip.  But now, I can hardly walk sometimes.  If  I walk for a while, or hike, or am on my feet for a while, my whole front leg hurts.  It's the muscle in the front leg.  Sometimes my groin hurts too.  If I carry something too heavy, it's like my leg gets reinjured.  Can anyone tell me how I can get my leg better?  It hurts SO MUCH, and every waking hour I'm in some kind of pain.  I can't be out of work for 6 months while ACL or HIP surgery recovery is happening.....
Tags: acl, meniscus