ACL and meniscus tear after effects
I tore my meniscus and ACL last June.  I had the meniscus operated on, but NOT the ACL.  The surgeon told me I could do the physical therapy myself just by walking and going to the gym doing leg weights.  
It's been 10 months, and my leg hurts me like heck.  My pelvis was broken when I was a kid when I was hit by a car, plus I have a little arthitis in my hip.  But now, I can hardly walk sometimes.  If  I walk for a while, or hike, or am on my feet for a while, my whole front leg hurts.  It's the muscle in the front leg.  Sometimes my groin hurts too.  If I carry something too heavy, it's like my leg gets reinjured.  Can anyone tell me how I can get my leg better?  It hurts SO MUCH, and every waking hour I'm in some kind of pain.  I can't be out of work for 6 months while ACL or HIP surgery recovery is happening.....
Meniscus,ACL & PCL are the strongest ligaments in the human body which support the heavy bones of the leg and their complicated joints.
Ligaments join bones.

Due to your multiple problems you had like the pelvis fracture, meniscus tear and ACL tear you will never have full strength in your legs and you will have restricted movements.

As the orthopaedician suggested you have to strengthen your other muscles and have to balance your weight.
It is a tough thing but not impossible and you have to do lot of physiotherapy.