Orthopedics Community
ACL and meniscus tear after effects

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

ACL and meniscus tear after effects

I tore my meniscus and ACL last June.  I had the meniscus operated on, but NOT the ACL.  The surgeon told me I could do the physical therapy myself just by walking and going to the gym doing leg weights.  
It's been 10 months, and my leg hurts me like heck.  My pelvis was broken when I was a kid when I was hit by a car, plus I have a little arthitis in my hip.  But now, I can hardly walk sometimes.  If  I walk for a while, or hike, or am on my feet for a while, my whole front leg hurts.  It's the muscle in the front leg.  Sometimes my groin hurts too.  If I carry something too heavy, it's like my leg gets reinjured.  Can anyone tell me how I can get my leg better?  It hurts SO MUCH, and every waking hour I'm in some kind of pain.  I can't be out of work for 6 months while ACL or HIP surgery recovery is happening.....
Tags: acl, meniscus
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Meniscus,ACL & PCL are the strongest ligaments in the human body which support the heavy bones of the leg and their complicated joints.
Ligaments join bones.

Due to your multiple problems you had like the pelvis fracture, meniscus tear and ACL tear you will never have full strength in your legs and you will have restricted movements.

As the orthopaedician suggested you have to strengthen your other muscles and have to balance your weight.
It is a tough thing but not impossible and you have to do lot of physiotherapy.