ACL reinjury
I had ACL repair almost 4 months ago. I fear I may have torn my ACL again. I strained while doing an excercise. I am not sure if I heard a pop or not but I did feel a bit of a bulge on the inside of my knee.

I am frustrated with web information as nothing differentiates ACL tears or strains. My swelling did not last as long as previous knee injuries associated with my ACL and Meniscus tears. I am walking o.k with the exception of some soreness and some instability of my injured knee. I don't feel like my knee is giving out but I also don't feel like I could jog a mile

My orthapedic surgeon availability is limited because I live in a remote area so it will be some time til I see him.

I feel like I tore my ACL again but I am not sure can anyone help me?
Hello!

The anterior cruciate ligament tear can be diagnosed by anterior drawer test.

I can quote for you the test according to wikipedia:

The patient is position lying supine with the hip flexed to 45° and the knee to 90°. The examiner positions themselves by sitting on the examination table in front of the involved knee and grasping the tibia just below the joint line of the knee. The thumbs are placed along the joint line on either side of the patellar tendon. The index fingers are used to palpate the hamstring tendons to ensure that they are relaxed; the hamstring muscle group must be relaxed to ensure a proper test. The tibia is then drawn forward anteriorly. An increased amount of anterior tibial translation compared with the opposite limb or lack of a firm end-point indicates either a sprain of the anteromedial bundle of the ACL or a complete tear of the ACL.

Alternatively you can have an MRI for confirmation

The repair for ACL tear if conservative treatment does not help is surgery. For conservative treatment cast should be put in your leg for immobilisation and ligament repair.

Take care!