Orthopedics Community
Abdominal, groin, hip pain/ pressure
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Abdominal, groin, hip pain/ pressure

Hi,

I have been having left abdominal pain, tendon pain, groin pain for about 10 weeks now.

I have had all tests (Ulra-sound, CT scan) ruling out problems with organs, colon and many hernia exams.

Here is a picture of where my pain is-
http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/10378065/640/10378065.gif

The pain is always there in some form and sometimes the pain stretches to lower back and to upper

I need to point out that I am left handed, and carried a heavy bag on my left shoulder everyday in between teaching, although now i am trying not to do that, and improving my posture in general

Here is a picture of my spine, which shows a slight leaning to the left, they said
http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/10378332/640/10378332.png

I am having trouble getting any type of diagnosis, and have been thrown from doctor to doctor.

Currently i believe my posture may have shortened or tightened the left psoas (putting pressure on the inguinal ligament?) and/or Iliopsoas tendonitis/burcitis.

A psoas stretch causes pain around hip and down groin.

A physio told me there wasn't much he can do, and an orthopedic doctor told me to go to hospital because it sounds like a hernia.

Who should I go to?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Matt
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703