Achilles heel pain
  I have had achilles tendon pain for approximately one year, and am looking for a solution. The pain is  located at the base of my heel, right where the muscle joins the bone. Before this flared up I used to go running regularily, biking, and enjoyed hiking. Now I can't do any of that due to the irritation it causes. Sometimes the pain is so bad I can't walk without it really hurting- at these times it is warm (inflammed) and I sometimes feel a tingling from my heel to my toes. My doctor tells me my tendon is not ruptured, and we've already tried ultrasound, and shock-wave therapy. I try and ice it regularily, don't do activities like running (or even unnecessary walking) that hurt, and stretch when the tendon is not too inflammed.       I think it may be bursitius, and/or a heel spur.
          Any suggestions on natural medications I could take to help re-generate the tissue? Or other options? I am going to go back for another round of manuel therapy, and look into acupuncture. Any advice would be welcome- I a young, formerly-active young woman and this is really decreasing my enjoyment and quality of life. Please help!