Acl reconstruction or not
Hey there, i am hoping to get some quick advise. I have recently been diagnosed with both diffuse and nodular pvns in my right knee. I had arthroscopy to remove the tumor but discovered a ruptured acl and mucoid meniscal posterior horns both lateral and medial. My symptoms are occasional knee buckling or weakness and major pain going down stairs along with chronic swelling. My ortho is suggesting waiting on reconstruction of the acl, but given the destructive nature of the pvns, I dont know if waiting for potential additional damage is wise. Any suggestions?
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed knowledge of the severity of the condition or a firsthand clinical evaluation it might be difficult to comment on the situation or suggest a management plan. With ruptured ACL and degenerated menisci a reconstruction surgery may be required sooner or later. The time of doing the surgery would depend on the inflammation already present, knee stability and the expected prognosis. It would be best to discuss this in detail with your treating orthopedician or consider a second opinion with another for suggestion of an appropriate management plan.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!