After ACL
I had ACL surgery in June 2006. 6-12 months after the surgery, I followed the rehab process as per my doctor advice.
After that, I stop doing the exercise as I no longer feel any stiffness of limited movement.
I have not started playing football ever since.
My question is, has my ACL really cure and can I go and play football as before? I really want to play however, deep inside I still cannot remove the thought that I may torn my ACL again.
Any advice on how to confirm my recovery & what should I do to be back playing?
Thanks.

SFred
You have to challenge yourself in a closed environment under the supervision of a physiotherapist by doing some strength exercises.
After you continue it for a month or so you can be assessed by the orthopaedician.
If everything is fine you can continue slowly in divided days .
You have to strengthen other muscles and should not depend on the knee joint completely as before .Football requires lot of stamina, for safety reasons avoid to get yourself challenged like before!