Am I getting the best care since I do not have insurance
I have an avulsion fracture in my foot and a sprained ankle.  This injury occured of my own doing three weeks ago. I have a splint and have been on crutches.  Today I saw an orthopedic doctor.  They told me to limit weight bearing and to take the prescribed pain killers and swelling reduction medicine.  And to come back in two weeks.  I was under the impression that avulsion fractures usually required surgery and that sprains usually required some sort of therapy.  I do not have insurance and I am wondering if I am not getting the best care because of this fact?? Any imput?
Hello!
Avulsion fractures when small then the best thing is to rest and immobilization for natural recovery. I want to add one thing here is that immobilization in a boot, cast or a splint is better for faster recovery.
Only with complications, non union, and completely displaced fractures you would need a surgery.
Take care!