Orthopedics Community
Anatomical or functional leg length discrepancy?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

My right pelvis is rotated posterior inferior, and it is 1/4" higher than my left on x-ray.  I have been told numerous times that my right leg is longer than my left, starting when I was about 10 and first went to the chiropractor.  The chiropractor that took the x-rays is sure that it is just a functional difference, though he did not take x-rays of legs and actually measure.  I can't understand how that could be possible.  It seems the high side should pull that leg up and be shorter.  Is it possible for it to just be a functional difference when the high hip and long leg are on the same side?