Anchors coming out after surgery
I had surgery for a torn rotaor cuff and 3 opus anchors, manufactured by ArthroCare were put in.  After a few weeks they failed and came out of the bone, and I had to have another surgery to have them removed.  I am looking for anyone that might have had this happen to them, or someone they know.  I would also like to know if there are any Doctors that had this happen to thier patients or any of thier colleague's patients.
Anchors of this type are "made" to be removed after the rotator cuff heals and re-attaches.  Not all repairs allow for re-attachment of the muscles, so the anchors are left in.  There is generally a factory representative in the surgery with the doc to make sure the anchor is used properly and within the specifications of the model anchor used. Since the anchor is made to be removed, it is not uncommon for the thing to "back out" and need to be replaced. If enough healing has occured, they are removed and not replaced. If your anchor was not replaced, use the utmost care in use of the arm for a while, about 6 months or so, to prevent re-injury.  It is very important to do range of motion and physical therapy for the entire time, even if you are feeling better.  hope this helps
These anchors were not put in to be removed later, the anchor failed, came out and cause another tear just 4 week after my surgery. I have checked with the FDA and there are many reports of these Opus anchors having this problem and the paient had to go back in to have them removed. The reports range from a day after to a year after the anchors were put in.
I'm sorry you had problems with the anchors, but what I am saying is that they are manufactured to be removed.  It is a design feature for them to work out of the bone as healing occurs. It makes removal easier. If they worked out after several weeks, they did what they were designed to do. It was not what was ultimately desired, but that is what they do.  If you are looking for others to join a possible law suit, then you should be aware that the things didn't malfunction unless they broke off. They "failed" in the purpose the doc had in mind, but didn't "fail" in the manufactured purpose. Sad, but true.  Good luck

This is not true...I worked for Arthrocare. Any soft tissue repair anchor wheter the OPUS or those from any manufacturer are NOT manufactured to be removed. In fact a great deal of time goes in to design to make sure they do not fail and come out. Anchors, especially the OPUS do have flaws that make failure/pullout more prevalent. There are now new anchor designs that are MUCH better than OPUS.
No anchor is ever put in bone with the intention to remove it later.  I work in this industry.  This product clearly failed or was put in improperly.  You have my sympathy.
i had surgery in nov 2014 and may 2015 i had to go back in because both of the anchors they put in came out and one of them was in the joint so that had to be redo that again to .. is that normal or should  the doctor have to do that surgery for free i should not have to pay for that again after just six mounts and i don't no how long they were out for that arm never stopped hurting ??????    all options are welcome
What happens if the anchors have come out and cannot be found? An MRI showed the anchors floating in my shoulder joint and now I have 2 missing anchors. I am having trouble finding information on how far they can travel and should I be concerned?