Ankle Fracture 7 Weeks Redness Swelling
I had a small fracture in the talus (right foot) after a fall from the top of a crane (lucky)!  They removed the cast after 3 weeks because I was on bed rest anyway due to another fracture in L1 vertebra.  Since then (currently at 7th week), the pain in the ankle has mostly subsided as well as the swelling.  If I poke around my ankle with my fingers, there are a couple of slightly painful spots around the lateral malleolus.  I'm currently on bed rest due to the back except that I use crutches to go to the bathroom or shower.  When I go for my shower or sit for 20-30 minutes in a recliner to eat, my foot swells up and turns a deep red/crimson (like a beet).  When I'm lying down (foot is always elevated on a cushion), the foot returns to normal color and hardly swollen except around the lateral malleolus.  After the cast came off, most of the tingling went away.  Why the color change and swelling when the foot is not elevated?  Should I be worried?  Thank you.
Hi Qatarat, my wife has the same condition now. Did you ever find out what happened? Can you please tell me what happened?