Orthopedics Community
Ankle Joint Locks Up

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Ankle Joint Locks Up

I broke my right fibula just above the ankle 11 years ago.  For the last 6 years or so, I will get a sharp, intense pain that stops me dead in my tracks.  Sometimes, it resolves in just a few minutes; other times it takes up to 36 hours to resolve.  My chiropractor says that the ankle is locking in the forward position.  It happens sporadically and without warning, on any type of surface wearing any kind of footwear.  The only correlation I have been able to determine is that it most often happens when I am trying to move more quickly.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to what is causing this to happen and what I can do to prevent it?  
Tags: ankles