Orthopedics Community
Ankle Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Ankle Pain

I sprain my ankle back in April. It happen when I was playing volleyball.  I remember that I jumped to hit the ball when I came down I landed on a my left leg, I heard a popping noise. I thought I had broke my ankle,  it was really swollen. I could'nt walk on it for a month. I never got it check by a doctor. I still feel a slide pain. What can it be?
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to say. It could be a fracture (non-union/ mal-union), ligamental sprain/ tears, muscle/ tendon injuries etc. It would be best to get it examined by a primary care physician or an orthopedician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!