Ankle Surgery Recovery
My ortho scheduled me today for ankle surgery - ATFL ligament repair (just tightening it up) and removal of an os trigonum.  He said I'll be in a "walking cast" for 6 weeks following surgery.  I didn't think to ask him while I was there - does "walking cast" mean I'll be able to walk right after surgery without a period of non-weight bearing?  If so, that would be awesome, but don't want to get my hopes up.
Hi there!

Walking cast means that you would be able to walk with support and minimal weight bearing.
Hope this information helps.

Take care!
Hi there...I'm considering having the same procedure and wanted to get your experience.  Did you find out what the post-op protocol is and what "walking cast" actually means?  Was it a removable boot?  A fiberglass, non-removable cast?  Something else?  Would be curious to hear your story.  I'm in NYC.

Feel free to email me at ***@****

Thanks!
Ian