Ankle still swollen after sprain a month ago
I sprained my ankle about bit over a month ago. I've done it three or four times in the past, so when it happened on the basketball court I didn't think anything of it because every time I had seen a doctor about a sprained ankle, they told me the same thing every time.

So I didn't see a doctor, I tried my best to stay off it for three days although I did walk a bit. I didn't have a choice. I worked on the fourth day after the sprain. If I recall correctly, after about a week I was walking normally. Yes, still with a small amount of pain but no limp was apparent.

Now, again over a month later, I'm still walking fine. I can probably run normally now though I haven't given it a try. Landing on it might still be a little painful, but I haven't done any of that yet. But it's still swollen. Is this normal? Do ankle sprains usually stay swollen for this long? Or is it the severity in my case? As I said above, I'm walking fine and am confident I can run. I'm wondering if I should see a doctor because it has been so long?

Today did some ankle exercises that I came across on the Internet like spell out the alphabet with the tip of my foot, and rotated my ankle in circles, both exercises for about 60 seconds each. Then I dipped my ankle in an ice bucket for about fifteen minutes, then took it out, and repeated the procedure about three times.

Any help would be appreciated!