Ankle weakness
I without warning will fall down.  My ankle just gives out and down I go or I am able to catch myself.  Several years ago I told a foot doctor she took xrays and just said I have a lot of scarring from that.  That was it.
You see I feel down a set of stairs last year.  
I told my regular doctor and he just sign me up for theapy......I just don't know what I should do about my falling?
      How are you? Repeated trauma to the ankle or improper healing of ankle sprain can lead to ankle instability. The tendon or ligament tear does not heal completely and gives of frequently due to laxity in ligaments.
Treatment can be rest, ice packs and NSAID’s. A brace called as orthosis is also used. If these methods fail in treating the condition then ligament tightening procedure or graft tendon procedure can be considered depending upon the requirement. Rehabilitation after surgery is an important part of treatment.
Best.