Orthopedics Community
Another Knee Pain Question

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Another Knee Pain Question

So i thought i would see what people think. I shall keep it quick and brief :)

5 nights ago i was sleeping in my favorite fetal position and i went to turn over to the other side, as i went to move it felt like my upper leg went with me leaving my lower leg behind. It felt like my knee has slipped or something something was caught

I woke up screaming as a result of intense pain grabbing my knee. I decided to try sleeping on the other side for the remainder of the evening and an hour after falling asleep and i went to turn and again this horrible pain.

Ihad enough sleep at that point and frankly didn't want any more pain, after walking it off for 10 mins it was ok. The following night it happened again, so since then i am sleeping on my back with my legs out straight and also every now and then sleeping on my side with a GIANT pillow between my knees which sort of helps

however at the dinner table this same knee problem has happened twice causing me to scream out in pain and grab my knee

I have see a physio and a PCP/GP all who did tests for Meniscus tears etc and they couldn't illicit any pain etc and there is only very very very slight swelling

I have not had any falls, tackles in sport. bad turns from running. the last 2 weeks i have literally been at home sitting around like some vast snail.

Any ideas?

I went to the gym today and sat on the exercise bike for a good hour and it was fine only slight feelings of something might be about to go but nothing did. But sitting at the table tonight it clicked in my knee...i have been doing lots of hamstring stretches and quad stretches and iced the knee down just to be safe after the bike
oh and it is the left knee