Orthopedics Community
Anterior right shoulder pain radiates to chest

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

I have had a pain in my right shoulder for about four weeks now. Feels like it is under clavicle and pain is felt when moving arm - almost feels like shoulder catches then a sharp pain. I don't have pain with all movement. Right shoulder aches in front and radiates down my chest. I am thinking I must have torn something, possibly Bankart but after researching it, I can't find where it causes chest pain as well. I am not sure if it so imflamed that it could be causing the chest pain but would like some feed back. the chest pain is really bothering me, almost more than the shoulder pain. Have an appointment with Dr. but not for a few weeks.

Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hello!

I would suggest you stop particular movements which is giving you pain.

As the pain is in the shoulder area it is related to shoulder joint. The area of contact between your clavicle and shoulder girdle may be the area of pathology which has to be diagnosed. Recollect if you had any injury to your chest or recent fall in the recent past.

Take NSAIDs intermittently and apply ice packs and if your pain increases or continues then follow up with an orthopedician and go for X-rays and MRI if required for a proper diagnosis.

Take care!