Are epiphyseal plates located in the skull?
I know that epiphyseal plates are located at the end of the long bones, in places like the arms and legs and I know that they allow for there to be growth in those parts of the body.
However I just wanted to know whether epiphyseal plates are also located in the skull or not.
I took a medication which I now realised has a potential side effect of "premature epiphyseal closure." My question is whetehr there are any epiphyseal plates in the skull, becuase if there are, then that could have reduced the growth of my skull.
    How are you?  Yes, there are epiphyseal plates in the skull, but most of the activity there occurs at age less than one year. After that, most of the bones will be completely fused. What is your age? So, a medication which limits the growth of the epiphyseal plate will not have much effect, if taken after the age of one year.
All the best.