Are ganglion cyst dangerous if not treated/monitored by a doctor?
I have developed what I believe to be a ganglion cyst near my wrist. It is the size of about a dime, it is hard but not painful. What can I do to have it go away, I'm worried it might get bigger or develop into something more serious? please help. Is there anything I can do to prevent it from getting bigger or anything I can do to make it go away on its own? Is medical help required for something like this?
Hi, I just wanted to say that I am no doctor but I did have a ganglion cyst removed. First they tried to drain it, that didn't work, then they tried cortisone injection, my hand blew up 3x's it normal size,(allergic reaction) so I actually went to another doctor and had them remove it. That was on my left wrist.  It is definately something you want removed I wouldn't suggest letting it stay in there for ever because it might get bigger and may cause more problems.
When I had mine removed I was in a cast for about a month.
I think if you were to keep it in that you might have some problems.
So I would go see an orthopedic surgeon Hand specialist and get it looked at.
Good luck to you
good morning Eve, i've also had a ganglion cyst on the ulnar side of my wrist, it started wrapping it self around the nerve and causing a tingling in my ring and pinky fingers if i pushed on it. my last hand doctor removed it while doing other work in the wrist.  if you go to youtube and type in ganglion cyst there's even a video, and google it and click on pics. there's a world of answers out there.  good luck   Phill