Armpit Tendon
For over 1 year now I have had an accute spot inside my armpit that is constantly irritated.  It is hard to describe the exact spot.  It is pretty much near the center of my armpit and it is pretty deep under the skin.  It does not swell but when it gets bad the pain seems to radiate upward and the skin around the spot gets irritated.  The pain can reach unbearable levels at times and is unable to be avoided.  Every time I let my arm hang down it rubs against the spot.  If I had to guess it seems like the teres muscle but I'm not sure.  Resting it does not help and it does not hurt more or less with therapy or exercise.  It is the same constant pain.  The only thing that makes it worse is rubbing the area.  When I do so the pain spikes to incredible levels and stays that way for a few days even after only a minute or two of massaging the spot.  I'm desperate for a solution.  I had a shoulder MRI with contrast and it came back normal so I know it is not the shoulder.  My doc doesn't seem to know what it is.  I have been in pain for so long and it just seems like it is getting worse.  I really wish I could get a diagnosis and cure, even if it means surgery, I'm very willing at this point.  Pain medicines, and topical substances do not help.  Physical therapy or exercises do not help.  Swimming does not help.  The armpit pain never goes away.  I need to find a solution badly!!!  Please help!
Hello!

You should rule out any swollen underarm lymph nodes and skin lumps and infections such as an infected skin follicle in underarm hair etc.

It can be due to diabetes or peripheral vascular disease. Rule out nerve compression and brachial plexus injury. Any accident, injury involving your underarm in the past or peripheral neuropathy should also be ruled out.

With a proper examination, scans, complete history you will be able to diagnose your problem with the help of a physician for treatment.

If pain continues then visit a neurologist.

Take care!