Orthopedics Community
Avulsion of The Distal Fibula

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Avulsion of The Distal Fibula

I suffered an avulsion of my distal fibula about 6 weeks ago now.  I had my leg in cast for the first week and then i had the aircast put on.  I have been going for weekly physio appointments however I am finding that I am still getting little mobility from my ankle as well as finding it difficult to put a great deal of weight on it.  I am still finding it very painful and still very swollen and I am due to go back next week to have the aircast removed.  

I am wanting to find out if this timescale is normal and if the symptoms I am experiencing will continue especially regarding the pain relief and when it would be normal for me to return to work?

thanks