Orthopedics Community
Baker's Cyst behind knee

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Baker's Cyst behind knee

I have a Baker's cyst behind my knee. About a year ago after a long bicycle ride, I started having continual swelling around the knee and then the cyst. I eventually had surgery, but the doctor ignored the cyst and the surgery was about repairing the torn cartilage around the knee joint. Now a year later I still have the cyst and swelling. I have been doing a lot of my own "Macrociotic" remedies for swelling which have been helping immensely, (the treatment happens to be putting a plaster of taro and ginger root which has been grated, wrapped in a cloth and left all night on the knee joint). The cyst still remains and I am in doubt about doing the synvisc injections until I can have the problem of the cyst resolved.