Bakers Cyst
Hi all.

Last year around this time I injured my knee playing soccer. After going through the process, it turned out I had a lateral meniscus tear as well as a pretty serious MCL tear in my right knee. Surgery was performed on the meniscus (menisectomy ) and after around 3-4 months of intense physical therapy, both my MCL and meniscus were healed. I slowly made it back into 100% shape and managed to play acouple games before the end of last season. Although I still wasnt 100% psychologically there, my knee felt great.

Over the summer I continued playing and feeling more comfortable. The season has started and everything is totally fine. However, last weekend I fell a bit awkwardly after I was tackled. I did not feel really any sort of pain or discomfort and played the rest of the match. I went home and after acouple of hours I felt a bit of discomfort but nothing serious. The next morning I woke up to find some swelling in the back of my knee. Acouple days later and the swelling/lump is still there with little to no pain.

Although I am not a DR.  I realize it is most likely a Bakers Cyst. I have absolutely no problem walking, I even went to training during the week and worked at 100% and felt no pain during or afterward. The bump/swelling is still there and is a bit tender to the touch but does not restrict my movement really in any way.

My questions is this. If it is in fact a Baker Cyst, is it possible that it was caused by simply aggravating my old injury, or does it mean that I most likely re-tore my meniscus?? I am scheduled in for the orthopedist but not until next week so I am getting a bit anxious. Any information or suggestions are greatly appreciated, thanks for taking the time!