Orthopedics Community
Ball of right foot really hurts and burns.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Hello, I hope someone can help me with my question. About 3 or 4 weeks ago, I woke up and the ball of my foot, right under the big toe on the right foot really hurt. It was burning, tingling and spasming, when I moved my toes, it hurt too, when I try to walk, it is like I am walking on a big rock. It comes and goes in severity, but, all in all, I am aware of it especially when I try to walk, consequently, I now walk on the side of my right foot as it hurts to put pressure on the ball. Sometimes wearing  my good walking shoes help the pain, barefoot is really painful. I asked my chiropractor, he felt for any dislocations but found none, he sent me to the hospital for an x-ray which we should receive the results tomorrow (Friday) he said he might be gout, but, I had blood work done not too long ago and my uric acid level was great. My regular doctor said to her it sounds like a nerve impingement and maybe a growth on the nerve. She will see me in a week. All I know is it hurts, it does not bother me when I sit, and I can touch it without it hurting, only if I press hard on the ball or side of the foot. It is not red, swollen or hot to the touch. I hope it is not serious, I am supposed to start college this fall, had to cancel the summer quarter due to pain plus, quarter too short for me as a new student, my program will be Medical Assistant, but, if my foot is out of commission, I will not be able to be one as they stand a lot. I am worried, I hope some of you folks can shed some light on this.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Susie
I forgot to add, when ever I walk, I hear a loud "Click" on the top of the same foot, it gets kind of embarrassing. Now, this morning, it hardly hurt at all, very strange.