Orthopedics Community
Bicep problem

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Bicep problem

I'm trying to figure out if what I have is a problem. The problem is the bicep in my right arm. My symptoms are limited range of motion, weakness, and quick fatigue. These are not new symptoms; I've had them for a long time. I notice these especially when lifting. Furthermore, while lifting I have a lack of feeling in the bicep; it feels as though the muscle isn't training. After working out, the muscle is swolen and inflamed near the elbow.

I play baseball and have had problems with straining, hyper extension, and injurying this bicep; the injury always near the elbow and lower area of the bicep.

History: sever's disease, fractured humerus along with possible slap injury to biceps tendon (did this pitching; have never pitched again)
Tags: bicep, muscles, elbow, sports, lifting, weights, curl, baseball
also i dont think it is a latic acid build up. A swolleness is constant at the bottom of the muscle. I can't stretch it out nor rub it out.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
You would need an expert Orthopaedician examination followed up by MRI to know the full present status of the biceps muscle, tendon at its insertion and also its origin.

We suspect the past injury to have caused injury to your biceps which has not recovered completely and you need to rest the muscle and suspend your weight lifting till your problem is diagnosed properly.

Take care!