Bone pain and swelling
For over a month now below my knee has been in excruciating pain and then this spread to above my knee and the knee started to turn red and feel hot to touch. My knee is swollen and tender so much I can't even rest my laptop on my lap anymore.

The pain is horrific, and I haven't gotten a decent night's sleep in ages. I have had an x-ray in which an orthopedic surgeon said he saw flake-like calcification, so I went for the mri, and unfortunately I cannot afford to go back to him. I attached one image from the MRI to see if anything is showing which would be causing all of this pain and swelling. But as you are aware an MRI has hundreds of images. I do hope you can shed some light as to what may be the problem.
Hello operagirldia,

I do understand your problem well. It seems you have some sever inflammation around the knee joint with probably some fluid accumulation. This might would have been reflected by your MRI report as well. This might be due to bony spur around the knee joint. Kindly take pain killer and anti inflammatory like ibuprofen for immediate pain relief and as well as corticosteroid injections around the joint if the pain still persists. This has to be done under the guidance eof the orthopedic surgeon only.

Best