"Boxers Fracture"
Hi I am a 35 y/o male who had a "boxers fracture" 2mnths ago & was treated w/ a cast for 3wks. No reduction or surgery was performed. Currently going to Physical Therapy w/ some help however still experiencing stiffness in the small finger as well as overlapping of the small finger over the ring finger on the right hand. I was wondering if surgery can correct this "overlapping" of the small finger over the ring finger? Can surgery straighten the fractured neck of the 5th metacarpal?

Thx Randy
Hi there!

The overlapping could be due to muscle stiffness which usually occurs after casting due to prolonged immobilization. This is likely to improve with time and physiotherapy. You may consider seeking a review with your treating orthopedician to rule out any bone deformities as a cause and make sure that the bone has healed well.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!