Brain hematoma
Hi, My niece (11 years old) had a car accident. She had CT after we deliver her to hospital, CT shows she has hematoma in her brain (left side). She had treatment to drain blood. After a week, she needs to have surgery as bleeding was not stopped.
After two weeks, she had one more surgery as CT shows bleeding was stopped, but there some blood was remaining in her brain. After the surgery, she had CT one mre time, and doctors said she is recovered now.
She returned home and currently no symptoms...
She has 4,8cm trepanation hole in the skull.

Can you please advise what risks she has now? what do we need to do to prevent from the risks.
Hi there!

Well, it would be difficult to comment specifically on the situation without knowing the relevant clinical details such as the type and the site of bleeding, management and expected prognosis. If the management was initiated early and she has recovered well, the prognosis is not likely to be bad, though I would suggest discussing the situation and the expected prognosis in detail with her treating neuro-surgeon.
Hope this helps.

Take care!