Broke Tibia and Fibula
Three and a half years ago, just before I turned 17 I broke both bones in my lower leg about 4 inches above my ankle. Both bones were clean straight breaks. I broke them while ATVing, my foot got in front of the footpeg, then my foot hit a small hard snowdrift and my leg broke against the footpeg. I got a rod in my Tibia because the doctors couldn't get it set otherwise. It was 3 months after I broke my leg that I had one of the upper screw removed so that my bone could compress and heal more. I was still on cruches at that time. I was on cruches for 2 weeks after that and in a walking cast for 2 1/2 months after that.  My leg has continuously given me problems since I broke it. I have had an almost constant pain in my knee (I never had problems before). Also, where I broke my leg has obviously healed some, (it actually visably bulges on the sides and front of my leg) (I have yet to have the rod removed) but my leg offen gets very sore where I broke it when it is hummid, cold, I lift something really really heavy, I run more than 1/2 mile, I trip or slip on something, or if I land on my left (broke) leg.  I am in good shape 10% body fat, and I live an active life. If anyone can give me advise it would be greatly apreciated.
Hello!

At your long bones grow till you are 20-21 you will have this pain and after they cease to grow and with your complications subsiding your symptoms will decrease.

You have to check with your surgeon that both your tibia and fibula fractures have healed and for inflammation and pain you are suggested to walk and  to limit running and any form of exercises which give you painful symptoms.

You can apply ice packs and take intermittent pain killers.

Take care!