Orthopedics Community
Broken Ankle

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Broken Ankle

Hello, 1 1/2 years ago I broke my ankle in 3 places 2 on the inside and 1 on the outside I also had ligament damage (not sure where). I was on holiday in germany at the time and the german doctors wanted to operate but because I was 2 days away from going home they adised that I went to my local hospital when I got home. On returning home I was put in a cast for 6 weeks and that was it no physio nothing. I am now still suffering. Now and again the ankle just collapses, I get pains around the back, sides and front. It's not so painful that I can't walk on it it I just limp, if I stand around to long I get an ache in the ankle and heel and I still have no feeling on the top off my big toe (and the one to the side). Is this worth going back to the doctors for or should I just live with it. I'm only 36 and I am pretty active.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
hi buddy,
it's really a bad situation you are facing. Well, i would suggest you to post your x-rays on the website, so that i can have a look at it and suggest you more as what to do.Without that , i wont be able to guide you more.
I am surprised as why were you not operated that time, as you are only 36.
So tell me when are you posting your x-rays?
Regards
I live in england and they don't give you the x rays so i have no way of posting them sorry.....but thanks anyway for your help
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Dear barno,
thanks
regards