Broken tib/fib and pilon fracture...s/p orif
Hello:
I had an accident on 9/8/08 where I dropped a 400lb fire hydrant from my jeep onto my leg.. I have a spiral fx of the tib a fib fracture and a pilon fx. I had an  ORIF done with a IM rod put in from my knee to i guess ankle. I also have plates and screws.  I have had intense knee pain from day one.. Has anyone else experienced knee pain after having a rod put in.  I am now 4 months into this whole ordeal and the pain in my knee has not gotten any better...I am just wondering how long I can expect to be in pain, is this going to be forever because I am getting very tierd of the whole thing.  There is not much I can do without hurting.. I would really love to hear about other members who may have had this kind of problem...Thank You
Hello Lily,
sorry to hear how much pain you have. In 2007 I fractured my tib and fib in a pilon fracture. I have a rod and 11 screws in my leg. It was the most devastating experience of my life, so I understand how you feel.
The pain does decrease with time and healing, but I still torture myself thinking about the accident. I was a mere 2 steps off the ground at the time!
Stay optimistic and be patient,,,it does get better.
Angie.