Orthopedics Community
Broken tib/fib and pilon fracture...s/p orif
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Broken tib/fib and pilon fracture...s/p orif

Hello:
I had an accident on 9/8/08 where I dropped a 400lb fire hydrant from my jeep onto my leg.. I have a spiral fx of the tib a fib fracture and a pilon fx. I had an  ORIF done with a IM rod put in from my knee to i guess ankle. I also have plates and screws.  I have had intense knee pain from day one.. Has anyone else experienced knee pain after having a rod put in.  I am now 4 months into this whole ordeal and the pain in my knee has not gotten any better...I am just wondering how long I can expect to be in pain, is this going to be forever because I am getting very tierd of the whole thing.  There is not much I can do without hurting.. I would really love to hear about other members who may have had this kind of problem...Thank You