Broken tibia + fibula

This is what happened to me:

I had a auto accident and I broke the tibia and fibula bones. After 12 days in the hospital without having the surgery on my leg I was told by the doctors that it wouldn't matter the long waiting. When I finally got the surgery and after seeing an X-ray of my leg I had some questions from my own. I asked the doctor why my fibula looked like is still broken. The response was that the fibula was already healing and there was no reason to attach pins or screws to it.
I just wanted to have an opinion to make sure that I will not have problems in the future with my leg because of the fibula bone is now on that position( not completed aligned).

Thanks.

Hello!

After a fracture there is callous formation at the broken ends of the bones as the healing takes place. Only after ossification which is complete between one month and three months you can see the healed bone properly in an X-ray.

I would suggest you to follow all instructions of your orthopedician and take rest initially. Tibia will act as a support in healing of the fibula bone if the fracture is not open and displaced.

Take care!