Broken vertebrae
Attached is a picture of my back.  For reasons known only to God, I have no paralysis, loss of feeling, or tingling.  As far as I or my doctors can tell, I have had no damage to the spinal cord.  I take 300mgs of ibuprofen a couple of times a day for pain.  I do understand I am incredibly lucky.  I am a 55 YOA male.  I was in excellent physical condition when I was hurt.

I can sit for 1 or 2 hours without pain.  I can walk approximately .5 miles without pain.  If I use my arms to do any light lifting, my back will start to hurt.  The injury happened 8 weeks ago.

The reason I don't take pain medication is because if I lay down for 15 minutes, the pain will go away and I'm set for another one or two hours without pain.  So, pain medication is overkill.

My questions are:

(1)  How long until I recover?  Is it 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 20 weeks?
(2)  Will I fully recover?  I get the feeling that the answer is, "you'll know in six months".

Thanks,

Ray