Orthopedics Community
Broken wrist/cast problems
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Broken wrist/cast problems

I broke my wrist two weeks ago, after an operation including 3 pins protruding through the skin i had a cast that was only plaster on one side to allow the side with the pins to swell, i had pain and swelling at the start but all was normal. Yesterday I got my permenant cast on it feels tight and sore around the pins with little electrical(if you know what i mean) sort of pains as the cast is around my whole arm now. Is this normal? Im trying to decide wether to accept it and hope its just cause I only yesterday got the cast on or wether to go back in and get it changed.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Your cast is too tight and needs to be modified.  It can either be replaced or split to relieve the discomfort.  Return to the doctor's office as soon as possible.
Blank
im not a doc, but have had too many breaks to list.  if you have pins extruding through the skin, why have a cast? cant they use an external fixator?

maybe ask your doc about it.
jt
Blank
I brpke my wrist and I have had three cast put on, and I cannot stand the pain. around by thumb. I thumb has been numb for 6 days. I had my son take it off today. What should I tell My doctor?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...