Broken wrist
I fell backwards on 8/14/07.  I landed on by backside but somehow my left hand landed behind me and I ended up with a "broke wrist" according to the ER doc. They put a half cast on.  I went to the orthopedic doc on 8/17/07.  He did another x-ray he cut down the half cast to just a "splint brace" (?) for the underside of my wrist & wrapped it with an ace bandage.  I go back in 3 weeks for x-rays.

Of course no on explains or shows you what is going on with the x-rays.  So I looked at the ER report & it said something about a vertical fracture (that makes sense) something about the Dorsal/Distal Radius & slight displacement & fragments?  Huh?  I'm at a loss here.  I don't have the report anymore.  So I don't know.

He told me I could take the wrap off to take a bath & not to use my wrist/hand too much.  Okay.  It hurt bad the first couple of days & got better.  A lot of the swelling went down & the bruising is starting to get better.  I still have a huge "puffy, soft mass" on the top of my hand.  That doesn't hurt.  The problem is that the outside of wrist is killing me.  I don't know if I've done something (that I'm not aware of) to hurt it.  

He told me I didn't have to wear the sling anymore but if I move my arm at all it sends pain straight to the opposite side of the break (fracture).  Should I be concerned or is this normal with "healing"?

I don't want to be a burden & call my doc for something silly.  I was kind of suprised that he didn't put a cast on it.  Is 3/4 weeks normal for fractures?