Bruise on the arm
It is not really broken arm. If an arm is twisted by hand, with force but not enough to break or damage any muscles or anything in the arm then is it possible to cause bruising by pressure of fingers or by the force while twisting the arm? If it causes redenning or bruises then what should they look like? circular or long finger like impressions? If it can cause bruises then how long do the bruises last normally on a 24 year old woman's fore or upper arms?

Please reply as soon as possible

Thanks alot
Hello Dear,
Bruise happens when a part of the body is struck and the muscle fibers and connective tissue underneath are crushed but the skin doesn't break. When this occurs, blood from the ruptured small blood vessels near the skin's surface escapes by leaking out under the skin. The blood gets trapped, forming a red or purplish mark that's tender when you touch it - a bruise. When you first get a bruise, it's kind of reddish as the blood appears under the skin.
Within 1 or 2 days, the hemoglobin in the blood changes and the bruise turns bluish-purple or even blackish.
After 5 to 10 days, the bruise turns greenish or yellowish.
Then, after 10 or 14 days, it turns yellowish-brown or light brown.
Finally, after about 2 weeks, the bruise fades away.
You can refer http://kidshealth.org/teen/your_body/skin_stuff/bruises.html for more information.
Best
Thanks for your reply. I am actually more sort of after the reason of bruising and the length of time in my particular case. Two questions are very important:

1. Can the bruising occur because twisting somone's arm or would it only be minor reddening?

2. IF bruising occurs in this case, then how long would it last?

Please give particular attention to the fact that arm has not been hit by anything, no slapping, hitting or banging is involved. Arm is just twisted with some force. Again force is not enough to cause any damage to muscles, tendons or ligaments.

I have read the article on kids health but it doesnt really give me the answer of my question.