Orthopedics Community
Bruised ankle bone

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Bruised ankle bone

Hi. I knocked my ankle really hard of a wooding bed. Over a week now. It was very painfull and have been since. I cant put much weight on it but have been limping about it and limited movenment in it. I had a x ray and the doctor told me its really badly bruise. The thing is how long does it take 2 be able 2 walk normal on it again and do the Pain travel it 2 your hamstring. Im thinking of trying 2 get another X-ray but not sure. If anyone one can advice me on it
Avatar n tn
Can you get a bone scan? That will show a fracture like a hairline that typically does not show up on an x-ray.