Orthopedics Community
Bruised ribs
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Bruised ribs

Hello, I got a bruised rib (not broken) after a fight 11 days ago. I followed your advice and did not exercise for a full week and even longer as I have not exercised yet. I did not feel any pain whatsover the last 3 or 4 days. I am thinking of starting lifting weights and running on the treadmill in 2 or 3 days. Can you please tell me which exercises I should be more cautious of. I assume resistance training for the legs for example would not have any effect on my ribs. Would I have to be more careful with lifting weights for the back or chest? Which muscle groups I have to be more careful with? Is running on the treadmill OK? And what about kickboxing on a punching bag?

Many thanks for all your help and for the answer to my previous question.