Orthopedics Community
Bump between the 1st Phalange and the 1st Metatarsal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

I have a hard bump on the inside of my left foot, more specifically it seems between my 1st Phalange and 1st Metatarsal- where the joint is.  It is oval shaped, and has a diameter of around 8 milimeters.  It is located not on top of the joint but a little bit down towards the inside of the foot.  

I have noticed the bump about 4 months ago, but disregarded it- now its starting to catch my attention more and more because it looks like it got a bit bigger.  

The bump itself does not hurt and i can move it around without any pain, but it is definitely attached to a part of those two bones (or the joint) mentioned above.

Please, let me know if this sounds serious and I should go see a doctor or it sounds like something common and harmless.

All input on this question is greatly appreciated.

Thank You.