Bump in wrist, comes and goes
It's been 2 years since the bump appeared. I went to a doctor and he said that it was a joint hernia, common for teenagers to develop, and there were two courses it could follow: either it would go away with time or I'd have to undertake surgery. I forgot the name he gave me, but I'm pretty sure it started with g. He gave me some indometacin (or something like that, I've the name in spanish for it...) cream to put on it (was supposed to warm it up and get rid of the swelling temporarily). To the day I'm still using said cream.
It's been gone and back many times; last week I was doing just perfect, but now it's back and the pain it's causing is pretty strong. I can't flex my wrist more than about 20° or 30° before the pain is too much to continue.
I may add that I play guitar, but the bump appeared before I started (I did so because I thought it was gone), and playing or not (when it doesn't hurt) seems to have nothing to do with the re-apparition of the bump.
I *REALLY* don't want to have surgery on it, I simply need my hands too much (I use my computer a lot, mostly for college), and I'm scared of the place it would be on... Argentinian public health system is not something people actually trust a lot, and I get the feeling my wrist is a very sensitive area to cut and stuff :|
Well, all I'm asking for is some advice... To be truly honest, today I've grown sick of it.