Orthopedics Community
Bunion surgery complication
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Bunion surgery complication

I just had my left foot big toe bunion removed.  I went to a podiatrist who was a provider of my health insurance.  It has been 5 weeks since my surgery.  The first week was a breeze.  I had a boot to where, but no crutches.  I stayed off my feet for the most part, but did walk around a little with my boot.  Week two I had a lot more pain and swelling.  I found that frozen peas worked wonders for the swelling.  I had the stitches and pin removed.  I could finally get my foot wet.  When I stepped in the shower, my outer foot underneath my pinky toe hurt so bad I could barely stand.  My heel also hurt.  I went to see the podiatrist who was leaving on vacation.  He said it was my bunion on my pinky.  He said to keep putting ice on my foot which I have done.  Now that the swelling has subsided, there is a lump or nodule or bone protruding under my big toe.  I am scheduled for my appointment next Wednesday where I will supposedly graduate to wearing tennis shoes.  The doctor said he would discuss my options at my appointment.  Has anyone had this problem or suggest what I do before my appointment.  Help!!!