Bunion surgery complication
I just had my left foot big toe bunion removed.  I went to a podiatrist who was a provider of my health insurance.  It has been 5 weeks since my surgery.  The first week was a breeze.  I had a boot to where, but no crutches.  I stayed off my feet for the most part, but did walk around a little with my boot.  Week two I had a lot more pain and swelling.  I found that frozen peas worked wonders for the swelling.  I had the stitches and pin removed.  I could finally get my foot wet.  When I stepped in the shower, my outer foot underneath my pinky toe hurt so bad I could barely stand.  My heel also hurt.  I went to see the podiatrist who was leaving on vacation.  He said it was my bunion on my pinky.  He said to keep putting ice on my foot which I have done.  Now that the swelling has subsided, there is a lump or nodule or bone protruding under my big toe.  I am scheduled for my appointment next Wednesday where I will supposedly graduate to wearing tennis shoes.  The doctor said he would discuss my options at my appointment.  Has anyone had this problem or suggest what I do before my appointment.  Help!!!
The most common complication of any orthopaedic surgery is infection. If you maintained proper asepcis and hygiene there is nothing to worry.

It is very rare for the bunion to relapse on the same operated toe i.e left big toe.

So proper examination, X-ray will give the reason for the lump or nodule

Follow up and disuss about further course of action as you would want to know that if the sesamoids were removed? Adductor brevis dissected or divided? Bursal capsule/bunion prominence? 1st/2nd meta tarsal etc. The operating surgeon will explain to you on the above options of what is the lump or nodule or bone?

Take care!