Orthopedics Community
Burning Ankle Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Burning Ankle Pain

A few years ago, i hurt my ankles during dancing, up untill 6 months ago my ankles were fine, i started running and going to the gym more frequently, and then when i was running, i started getting burning pains and dull aches around my ankles, i use supports all the time as well, it's now becoming more painfull, i go to classes at the gym, and if i do jumping or balance on my feet  for to long the burning pain kicks in, an is now mowing towards the arch of the foot, this happens in both feet but more pain in the right.  I have had previous Blood clots in my calf before to, my calfs ont hurt as much during activity, it's just the ankles.
    How are you? Pain in the ankle could be due to sprains and achilles tendonitis. In your case as the pain is proceeding towards the arch of the foot, I feel it is involving plantar fascia also, causing plantar fascitis.

Both these conditions occur in people who practise rigourous exercises, athletes, over pronation etc.Patients with Achilles tendonitis usually experience the most significant pain after periods of inactivity.Patients will also experience pain while participating in activities, such as when running or jumping. Achilles tendonitis pain associated with exercise is most significant when pushing off or jumping.
Arch pain early in the morning is due to the plantar fascia becoming contracted and tight as you sleep through the night.
X-RAYS and MRI help in making diagnosis. Anti inflammatory drugs, physical therapy, rest, shoe inserts, strtching exercises help in treatment.
Best.
Thankyou for your reply, im ok thanks, hope you are to.
i went to see my GP an they have refered me for Physio Therapy. Hopefully then they can sort this out.