Orthopedics Community
Burning sensation in knee

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Burning sensation in knee

I dont know what is wrong with me. Im sitting here crying because my left knee feels like it is on fire.  It also hurts a lot when I walk.  Im a 25 year old female. My name is Christine.  
Hi Christine!
Usually a burning sensation on the knee with pain is due to inflammation of burs or bursitis. A bursa is a small sac of fluid. It cushions the outside of knee joint so that tendons and ligaments glide smoothly over the joint. This is usually treated with rest, anti-inflammatory drugs and physiotherapy. If infection is suspected then antibiotics will be prescribed. If pinched nerves are suspected you will need to undergo nerve conduction studies. Please consult an orthopedic specialist. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
I have an appt on Tuesday the 16th but I just looked at my knee since I have been in a lot of pain.  I have bruises all over my knee. The pain is shooting from my knee to my thighs.