Burning/tearing sensation in the kneecap
WJP
In the last few days, I have felt a burning, almost tearing-like sensation in my left kneecap. Oddly, it comes and goes. I can kneel down and feel the sensation, likewise if I press my finger directly on the kneecap I can feel the sensation. The leg can be straight or bent and the sensation can occur. No problem walking, running, no side knee problems. Likewise, at times, the pain is non-existent in the same postions/situations.

Do not recall bumping it, however could have. Anyway, really odd. Appreciate any comments on what this might be.

Thanks,
WJP
I have the same thing the burning sensation after TKR around the knee cap area and the under the knee.  Did you find the solution for this?  Please let me know
Vinod43
Hello!

Recollect if you had any injuries, fall or accident in the recent past involving your knee.

This can be due to some soft tissue issues such as ligament tears. You have to take rest for a week and do not exert and see if your symptoms decrease.

If symptoms continue then get yourself examined by an orthopedician for a proper diagnosis and also go for an MRI if required.

Take care!