Orthopedics Community
Burning/tearing sensation in the kneecap
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Burning/tearing sensation in the kneecap

In the last few days, I have felt a burning, almost tearing-like sensation in my left kneecap. Oddly, it comes and goes. I can kneel down and feel the sensation, likewise if I press my finger directly on the kneecap I can feel the sensation. The leg can be straight or bent and the sensation can occur. No problem walking, running, no side knee problems. Likewise, at times, the pain is non-existent in the same postions/situations.

Do not recall bumping it, however could have. Anyway, really odd. Appreciate any comments on what this might be.

Thanks,
WJP
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I have the same thing the burning sensation after TKR around the knee cap area and the under the knee.  Did you find the solution for this?  Please let me know
Vinod43
Blank
Hello!

Recollect if you had any injuries, fall or accident in the recent past involving your knee.

This can be due to some soft tissue issues such as ligament tears. You have to take rest for a week and do not exert and see if your symptoms decrease.

If symptoms continue then get yourself examined by an orthopedician for a proper diagnosis and also go for an MRI if required.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank