Bursa removed
After undergoing an operation to remove a large bursa from my right knee, four weeks ago, i have experienced my lower leg and foot being very swoolen.
When i get up in the morning its normal size,but after only an hour or so it swells up and becomes uncomfortable(not painfull).
Could you tell me if there is anything i could do to stop this happining.

Kind Regards J.M.
Unfortunately, you can't stop it completely on your own, especially if your bursa requires surgical removal.

It swells up after you get up because you're using your knee.  To minimize the swelling you knee to keep it elevated and iced; you could also take an anti-inflammatory.  You could also ask your doctor about a corticosteroid shot, if you haven't tried that, already.

I don't imagine it would be a bad idea to use crutches or a cane to help walk in the mean time, because that would mean less work for your knee and therefore less chance to swell.
Hi Ginger,
How are you feeling?
Is the swelling still persisting?
I think if swelling still persist it suggest that you are still having inflammatory response around your knee area.
You can apply local analgesic crème and put semi-tight crepe bandage around your lower leg and foot.
Keep it elevated and do cryotherapy to help relieve swelling.
You said you have been noticing this from last 1 month, have you spoken about this to your doctor?
If yes, what he has to say about this?
Have you got an imaging done to see for healing after surgery?
Keep me informed.
Bye.