Bursa sack
I walked into a large rock while fishing and my knee swelled freakishly large.  The Doctor at the ER did not drain it for fear of infection, etc..  He said it would go down in a week or two and things would be back to normal.  It has been almost 3 weeks and my knee is better, the swelling is down, but there is still restriction in movement.  There is also some pain (about a 2 to 3 out of 10) and discomfort.  I can walk now without a limp, but with stairs I struggle some, especially going down.  They said I did not tear anything,  but there sure was a lot of bruising down my leg from the drainning from something.  Can this all be from my bursa sack?
Hello!

Swelling of the knee occurs when excess fluid accumulates in or around the knee joint. There are many common causes for the swelling, including arthritis, injury to the ligaments or meniscus, or when fluid collects in the bursa. This condition is known as prepatellar bursitis. This can also be due to collection of blood called hematoma.

Take care!