Orthopedics Community
Bursitis of hip and Itchy Skin

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Bursitis of hip and Itchy Skin

I am a 30 year old female in generally good heatlh.  About three months ago I developed what has been diagnosed by a urologist as a bacterial bladder infection in the left side of my bladder.  Around the same time my left hip began itching, but there is absolutely no rash, visible swelling, bumps, or redness.  Now I cannot lay on my left side or it highly irritates it.  I visited another doctor who took xrays and says that is is likely bursitis in the hip, but does not understand the itching.  So now my diagnoses is a bladder infection, bursitis, and mysterious itch.  Is it possible these are somehow connected?  I cannot find anything on bursitis an itching!

Thank you for reading this!
I have had bursitis for a long time in the hips-you need to do aquatherapy in a pool. It helps immensely. As for the rash, there's no correlation-can it be a mild case of shingles? Hope you get better
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Hello!

With infections in the bladder and pelvic organs the infection may spread to the neighboring region and you can have pain in hip and referred pain to lower spine. The itching can be due to side effects of the medications you are taking. The other symptoms can also by due to the medications so I would suggest you to talk with your physician if you are presently taking any medications.

Bursitis is identified by localized pain, swelling, tenderness, and also pain with motion of the tissues in the affected area. Take a second opinion for this diagnosis and go ahead with treatment with an orthopedician.

Take care!

Thank you for you responses!