Orthopedics Community
Butt Injury

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Butt Injury

My dad was mowing the lawn on a riding lawn mower. He was getting off and fell backwards the shifting stick caught his fall pretty much in the crack of his butt.. He can walk fine but sitting is difficult and extremely painful his back doesn't hurt. Is there any suggestions of anything that can help or any injury he could have his legs do not give him any pain just the spot of impact where he hit the stick.
Avatar dr m tn
Hello!

You can give him anti inflammatory drugs and can use ice packs if possible. I would suggest you to go for a simple X-ray to rule out any major injury as he fell down.
Give him rest for couple of days and if the symptoms progress take him to an Orthopedician.

Take care!