C1-C2 vertebrae fracture
I fractured my neck 2.5 years ago. I was wrestling and had my neck pulled back on before I could strain my neck muscles. I heard it crack 3 times and then hours later I couldn't move my neck. I went to the doctors and they took X-Rays. They didn't find anything wrong. A year later still with pain I got an MRI and CT Scan. I was told I had 9mm c1-c2 vertebrae fracture. They told me it was stable so no surgery needed. In the 2.5 years, I have most of my neck mobility back. Lately for the past 4-5 months, I have chronic pain below my right shoulder blade radiating towards my lats. I can crack it in the area which will release some of the pain but come back within a few minutes. I also have pain on the sides of my neck and sometimes in the pivot neck joints. I can tilt my head to the right and turn it where I will hear a cracking sound. It sounds like it is coming in the left pivot neck joint. I have uploaded a picture for reference. Someone please tell me whats causing my chronic pain and that cricking sound in my pivot joint? Also what I may do or who I should see to relieve the pain? Thank you.
Hi there!

The images added are not clear (too small) to make out a specific injury, though loss of normal curvature of the cervical spine is clearly visible. Well, without detailed images or a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to comment specifically on the situation or the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include fracture non-union/ displacement, inflammation, muscle spasm, nerve compression/ pressure etc. It would be best to consult a neurologist or an orthopedician at this time for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management. Meanwhile I would suggest avoiding extreme movements around the neck. Warm compresses and/ or OTC NSAIDS may be used for pain relief.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!