Orthopedics Community
C6 c7 fusion with plate and donor bone 2010
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to orthopedics, back pain, bone or joint pain, broken bones, hip or knee replacement, neck and shoulder pain, orthopedic surgery, spinal injury, sports injury, and tennis elbow.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

C6 c7 fusion with plate and donor bone 2010

Hello I had a c6 c7 fusion two years ago due to.severe stenosis, I had slight pain, numbness, and electrical shocks but it was liveable. I was tod that due to the severity and location I was looking at paralysis if I did not have the surgery, even long term nerve damage. PM doc refused any stimulator due to stenosis and liabilities. So long stor short with in 6 weeks I had two surgeries. I have been in so much pain ever since my.life *****. I went a month unable to use my legs, another month in p.t. with no improvememt. My surgeon said all looks well, I should have no problems. I also had a l5/s1discectomy due to a large buldging disc with 80% blockage of my spinal.canal and nerve compression. I get migrains. I am now addicted.to pain meds, I have had so many injections, nerve root burnings, etc I am at a loss. I have no insurance, busted all of our savings, moved to a new state and just am at a loss. I was recently approved for ssdi but was told 29 month befor insurance which for.me.means October this year. I am so depresses, lonley, feel no one understands, my family looks at me like I am just to lazy to do stuff, I am crying daily.

I guess I am looking for suggestions on how to make myself feel better, how to.cope, how to move on. Anyone with similar events, pain, surgeries, have any advice to.offer?

Please help me before I dive off the deep end, this pain is so exhausting and I am so tired.

1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

I understand what it would have been to go through all this in life, but I would have agreed with your doctor that with 80% stenosis a surgery would have been unavoidable. I am not sure how long has it been since the surgery but the post-operative period may normally be associated with pain due to inflammation, which may be prolonged in a few cases. Other possibilities that one would like to consider include degeneration, injuries, neuro-muscular issues etc. It is highly recommended to consult an orthopedician/ neurosurgeon/ neurologist to rule out secondary issues and suggestion of an appropriate management plan. Physiotherapy to strengthen the back muscles along with anti-inflammatory medications and pain medication may help relieve symptoms.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Orthopedics Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979